Information Technology & Security Staff
The Director of Information Technology and Security serves as the Security and Privacy Officer for the college and a member of the Dean’s leadership team. The Director works closely with the Dean, Associate Deans, Department Chairs and College staff and students to ensure the implementation of technology is cost-effective, meets the College needs, and is compliant with HIPAA, Mason, and other security standards. The Director works closely with the Dean to ensure the technology and security supports the college’s strategic plan while also collaborating with the college’s department chairs and faculty on specific technology and security projects. Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Serve as the Security and Privacy Officer;
- Serve as Technology Officer;
- Assist College faculty, staff and students with technology needs;
- Engage with Mason faculty and students to ensure the security of College technology;
- Supervise the implementation of technology;
- Manage specific College technology;
- Liaison to Mason IT support and security;
- Oversee compliance to HIPAA standards; and
- Approve College security policies.
The College follows all Mason IT procedures, policies, and services, and many IT service needs can be met by the university's Information Technology Services unit (ITS) using the links below. Matthew Hicks can assist with directing a request to the proper channel and can advise on work needs not addressed by ITS.
Technology questions and support requests can be submitted by web or by phone at 703-993-8870 to the ITS Support Desk.
The university ITS makes various software packages available to employees for business use.
Consult the Information Technology Services web site for more information
Due to budget limitations, faculty/staff members may have either a laptop or desktop provided by the College, not both. CHHS has very limited laptops (Windows and MAC) that can be loaned out on a short-term (days) basis.
ITS maintains a list of approved hardware configurations for purchases with campus funds.