Transfer Credits

Are there credits missing from your transfer evaluation worksheet or your online Degree Evaluation? Do you think that one of your classes is not transferring appropriately?

Transfer students have one year from the time they start at Mason to get all issues with their transfer credits sorted out. Below are some helpful hints on transferring credits.

  • Forms, policies, and helpful information about transfer credits can be found on the Office of Admissions’ website.
  • Mason’s Office of Admissions has provided some course equivalency information online in the Transfer Credit Matrix.
  • If you have taken a course that does not appear on your transfer evaluation worksheet in Patriot Web and you’ve already sent your final transcript from your previous institution, then you need to complete and submit the Transfer Credit Inquiry form. (This form should also be used for any missing credits from AP/CLEP/IB exams or from dual credit high school courses.)
  • For students who have taken courses at colleges or universities outside of the Virginia Community College System: If you have taken a course which you think is equivalent to a Mason course, but it shows up differently on your transfer credit evaluation, you may request a re-evaluation of this course. Submit the Transfer Credit Re-evaluation Appeal form to the Admissions Office.
    • Carefully read the course description in the University Catalog to make certain it is equivalent to the course you want to be re-evaluated.
    • You must obtain an official description of the course in question from the school’s catalog or supply a copy of the course syllabus.