- March 3, 2021USPSTF: Screen all sexually active women, but not men, for chlamydia, gonorrhea
- BC 8 News (Richmond): Dr. Amira Roess is quoted related to a coronavirus study in which Mason participated.March 3, 2021COVIDsmart study explores impacts of pandemic on lives of Virginians
- Global News (Canada, with video): Dr. Amira Roess is interviewed about the rollout of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine shot. Dr. Roess starts at the 0:40 second mark.March 3, 2021Americans get Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine shot this week
- Inside NoVa: Prof. Jeanne Booth mentioned for taking part in an upcoming event looking at the effect of the global pandemic on students.March 3, 2021Committee of 100 looks at lockdown and impact on Arlington youth
- March 3, 2021First Cases of H5N8 Bird Flu Are Asymptomatic—Experts Say That's Promising
- March 3, 2021Washington’s Most Influential People
- COVIDsmart Study Launched to Understand Pandemic’s Impact on Individuals and Communities Across VirginiaMarch 2, 2021COVIDsmart, a digital health study designed to examine the many impacts of COVID- 19 on individuals and their communities launched today, with an open call for participation. The study welcomes participants from all walks of life across Virginia to share information on how the pandemic has affected their lives, even if they have not had COVID-19.
- March 2, 2021George Mason University’s College of Health and Human Services has joined the Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network to collaborate on translational research whose goal is to improve health outcomes. The network is a collaboration between universities and diverse, community-based health care delivery systems in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- March 1, 2021Motherhood Ages Women Faster Than Smoking Or Obesity: Study
- March 1, 2021Can I Travel Once I’m Vaccinated?
- PS News (Australia): CHHS study on e-cigarettes mentioned. Also in Australasian Mine Safety Journal and other news outlets.March 1, 2021PS News: E-cigarettes come with fire danger
CHHS in the Media
- March 3, 2021
- BC 8 News (Richmond): Dr. Amira Roess is quoted related to a coronavirus study in which Mason participated.March 3, 2021
- Global News (Canada, with video): Dr. Amira Roess is interviewed about the rollout of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine shot. Dr. Roess starts at the 0:40 second mark.March 3, 2021
- Inside NoVa: Prof. Jeanne Booth mentioned for taking part in an upcoming event looking at the effect of the global pandemic on students.March 3, 2021
- WAVY-TV10 (local NBC affiliate in Portsmouth, VA): A study in which Mason researchers participated is cited in a story about the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Dr. Amira Roess is quoted. Also on WFXR-TV (local Fox affiliate in Roanoke, VA).March 3, 2021
CHHS In the George
- Virginia First Lady Pamela Northam Visits COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic to Thank Front-Line Early Childhood Educators and Clinic OrganizersFebruary 23, 2021
- National Public Radio (Weekend Edition Sunday): Dr. Sapna Batheja discusses nutrition and the coronavirus pandemic. Also in Spokane Public Radio and other public radio news outlets.February 10, 2021
- The Medical News: Cites a CHHS study finding that college women who experience period poverty are more vulnerable to depression. Quotes Dr. Jhumka Gupta and Lauren Cardoso. Also in The Lily, Fast Company, Science Magazine and other medical news outlets.February 10, 2021
- Mason and Partner Clinics Support COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics in Prince William County for Eligible Residents in Phases 1a and 1bFebruary 9, 2021
- January 27, 2021