Congratulations to Our 2021 Graduates!
Join us in celebrating your accomplishments!
To view the live streaming of the Pinning, visit: https://nursing.gmu.edu/2021-nursing-pinning-ceremony
Schedule of Events
President of SNA
Dr. Germaine Louis
Dean of College of Health and Human Services
Dr. Marti Kubik
Director of School of Nursing
Dr. Helen Stacks
Nursing Simulation Services Director
INOVA Health Systems
Meaning of the Pin
Dr. Ana Stoehr
Dr. Charlene Douglas
Incoming SNA President
I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully. I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling. With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician in their work and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care.
“Patriot Procession” walk-up graduation/photo opportunities (RSVP required)
May 13, 10:00 am
CHHS Mini-Celebration in Lot L (RSVP required)
May 14, 10:00 am
Doctoral degree ceremony in Lot L (RSVP required)
May 14, 2:00 pm Virtual University Ceremony
May 14, 3:00 pm Virtual College Ceremony
The College of Health and Human Services will hold a virtual graduation for the entire Class of 2021 at 3:00 p.m. EST. on Friday, May 14 following the University celebration.
The College will also have a webpage where you can view personalized slides for all graduates and videos (coming soon).
How to participate in the Virtual College Ceremony:
We will have brief remarks from Dean Louis and the Department Chairs, and there will be special recognition for our doctoral graduates. Feel free to invite friends and family to join live, post messages, and celebrate with us from home.
- Doctoral graduates will receive a Zoom link via email. If you are a doctoral graduate and did not receive a Zoom link to participate, email email@example.com.
- Everyone graduating from undergraduate, master's, and certificate programs and their families and friends are invited to join the event broadcast live on Friday, May 14. Families and friends are encouraged to share well wishes for graduates in the comments.
Share Your Creativity and Celebrate Your Achievement with a Decorated Cap
Because our ceremony will be virtual this year, we’re offering you the chance to create a virtual decorated cap.
Share yours via the hashtag #MyMasonCap.
- Open the Zoom app and click the Settings button (gear symbol) in the top right corner.
- In the Settings panel, select Virtual Background from the menu at left.
- Select an image (or upload an image using the plus (+) button) to set your virtual background.
- Take a screen grab
- Note: For backgrounds that include words —if you have screen mirroring turned on, the words will appear backwards to you but normal to others on the video call.